Q: When is the deadline to add players (roster freeze) for State Cup?
A: The deadline is midnight on Friday, March 19th.
Q: How many games are we guaranteed to play?
A: There will be a 3-game minimum in the first round of group play. Thereafter, the total number of teams per age group and division will dictate the rest of the play format.
Q: Where are the Adult Amateur, Over 30 and Over 40 games played?
A: The first round of group play is scheduled for March 20-21, 2010 and will be hosted at the San Bernardino Soccer Complex. Additional games and dates will be determined by the number of total team entries.
Q: Where are the U20 and U23 games played?
A: The first round of group play is scheduled for May 29-30, 2010 and will be hosted at the San Bernardino Soccer Complex. Additional games and dates will be determined by the number of total team entries.
Q: Do we play full regulation halves?
A: Preliminary games will consist of two 35-minute halves. The finals consist of two full 45-minute halves. If tied after regulation time, two 15-minute overtime periods will be played. If still tied, the game will be determined by penalty kicks.
Q: Why are we playing the first round of group play in one weekend?
A: In order to avoid disruption of your regular league schedules over a longer period, it was determined the first round format would accommodate most leagues and teams.
Q: Is the State Cup $1,000 prize money just for one age group or division?
A: No, each age group in each division has a separate $1,000 prize.
Q: What is the difference between State Cup and National Cup flights?
A: National Cup flights allow the champions to continue on to the USASA Regional Cup tournament. The prize money is $3,000 per team, per age group/division. Other team/player requirements for National Cup tournament may apply (International Clearances, etc).
Q: My team is not registered with a Cal South-sanctioned adult league. Can we still participate in the Adult State Cup?
A: A special exemption is being made this year. Any non-Cal South team may register with a Cal South-sanctioned adult league or directly with Cal South to participate in State Cup this year.
Q: How do I register my team with Cal South for State Cup this year?
A. Please contact John Chaco at (714) 451-1516 to assist you with team and player registration to participate in State Cup.
Q: What is the minimum age to participate?
A: Players must be 18 years of age by March 19, 2010.
Q: How do I register my team?
A: You must be a Cal South registered team first, then follow these instructions below:
1. Only the official Team Manager or Head Coach listed on the official team roster can register the team.
2. The Team Manager or Head Coach must log into their Cal South Adult Member Account using their Username and Password in USER LOGIN box on the top left corner of this page.
3. Under your member profile, locate your 2009-2010 Team Name
4. Click on the "Tournament" link next to your team name.
5. Select the "2010 Cal South Adult State Cup" from the dropdown box and click "Register" to apply.
6. Your team information including team contacts and players will be imported into your application.
7. Complete the team application and payment procedures.
8. When done click the "Submit" tab to complete the application process.
9. You will be shortly contacted by the State Cup Committee via email regarding next steps.
For additional questions, please email email@example.com (714) 451-1516 or firstname.lastname@example.org (714) 451-1507.